Cellulite is a herniation, or protrusion, of subcutaneous fat within the connective tissue. Its presence is apparent in dimpling all over the skin, which occurs most commonly in the pelvic area and in young women who has just completed puberty. The appearance of cellulite may occur as a result of a variety of hormonal and genetic factors, such as a change in metabolism or in the connective tissue structure. Numerous means of treatment are available; in this article we will look exclusively at cellulite cream and how it is supposed to work.
Contents and how they work
Caffeine is the main ingredient in most kinds of cellulite cream. As a stimulant, it works by burning off those deposits of fatty tissue that manifest themselves as cellulite. Let us go more deeply into how caffeine does this.
Cellulite tends to accumulate most in those areas of the body to which the blood circulates the least, such as the stomach, legs and buttocks. Not surprisingly, it is in these places that those who do not get much in the way of exercise find lumps of cellulite forming. Caffeine, on the other hand, stimulates the flow of blood to places that it would otherwise neglect. It also flushes out toxins from those areas and feeds them with essential nutrients. (For the same reason, you can use homemade coffee grounds rather than cellulite cream; in many cases it will work just as well.)
Various other kinds of chemicals may also be used in cellulite cream. One brand has recently become the first to include L-Carnitine, the key agent in the transportation of fatty acids to create metabolic energy. Other chemicals that are typically included in cellulite cream include:
- green tea
- glycerin: This helps the skin to maintain a healthy level of moisture, both on and beneath the dermis.
- butylene glycol
- methyl nicotinate: Like caffeine, this substances increases the flow of blood to where it is needed.
- collagen: revitalizes and moisturizes the skin
- sodium hydroxide
- sodium polyacrylate
- hydrated silica
- tocopheryl acetate: This is a type of vitamin E which penetrates the dermal layer and serves as something of an antioxidant.
- chondrus crispus
- nelumbo nucifera leaf extract
- sodium condroitin sulfate
Some of these chemicals, it should be realized, can cause great harm to the body. There are those, too, who may be allergic to certain substances that are used in these creams. For that reason, you should check the ingredients list on any container of cream that you think looks attractive and consult with your physician or pharmacist to find out which ones will and will not harm your health. More precautions are given in the final section of this article. Some products, such as Equate, are described as “hypoallergenic,” meaning that they can be used even on sensitive skin.
Cellulite creams only work temporarily…
One of the things that must be remembered about cellulite lotions and creams is that, just as with a drug that soon wears off, their effects are only temporary; as soon as you stop using them, the cellulite will start to reappear. Most types of cellulite creams require you to apply them to the affected areas once or twice a day.
Cellulite Solution by Revitol
The best cellulite cream on the market is arguably Cellulite Solution, a product of Revitol. It cuts down the appearance of dimpled skin and the puckering effect thereof and also firms, tightens, hydrates and smooths the surface of the body, leaving it looking as sexy as ever.
When you buy any type of cellulite-reducing product, there are certain precautions that you should take. Among them are the following:
- If it has too many artificial ingredients like fragrances, dyes or petrochemicals, do not buy it; it could actually make you look older instead of younger.
- Creams whose ingredients have been tested in a laboratory that has FDA approval are likely to be the highest quality. Do not go for anything less.
- If it makes a claim that sounds too good to be true, such as “This product removes scars instantly,” avoid purchasing it. Such exaggerated claims are sure to be not only false but unachievable.
Cellulite creams can be a great thing to use. They rid the body of unsightly lumps of fat and leave you not only looking, but feeling more attractive. In this day and age people are more concerned than ever with looking young and beautiful again and these creams provide a way.